November 8, 2016 – Full Time
As a Network Architect at Haste, you’ll be part of the core team that is determining the direction of our network and service architecture. You’ll get your hands dirty with routers, network design, peering relationships, long-haul networking, and automated management of our network systems.
As part of our network team, you’ll be applying your extensive knowledge and industry contacts to chart the future of our network deployment and assist in evolution of our optimized network architecture.
The primary focus will be on assembling the optimal solutions/tools, then implementing, monitoring and maintaining them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
- Network analysis and design
- Evaluation and specification of new network and server systems
- Evaluation of new POP locations, network providers, and other suppliers, including negotiation with same
- Coordination of network provisioning, installation, and changes with providers
- Diagnosis of network problems and efficiency planning
- Creation of operational automation platform for networking equipment and servers
- Specification and implementation of monitoring architecture(s)
- Coordination with Data group on data analysis tools and techniques for network telemetry
- Coordination with Software group on network performance issues and mitigation
- Coordination with outsourced NOC and internal support teams for development and maintenance of escalation process
Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough understanding of IP internetworking performance issues, both IPv4 and IPv6, UDP, TCP and higher level protocols
- Proficiency in BGP, OSPF and ISIS routing protocols and implementations on major platforms, including use for internal and external routes
- Proficient in configuring JUNOS and IOS devices
- Proficiency with Unix operating systems: Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu) required, Solaris/SmartOS a plus
- Understanding of SDN concepts, technologies and techniques
- Understanding of hardware, software, and network-based load balancing techniques
- Understanding of containerization, performance thereof including networking and OS issues (Docker, SmartOS, etc)
- Experience implementing distributed log management system
- Proficiency with
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
Haste is making the Internet great again! With all of those cat videos clogging the internet, how are you supposed to get any real work [ok, gaming and esports] done? Well, that’s where Haste comes in.
Haste is a network platform that optimizes the internet for people engaged in live, interactive experiences, with an initial focus on esports. Our software runs on custom infrastructure and replicates traffic over multiple managed paths utilizing custom protocols, advanced routing and packet forwarding techniques.
We’re using a combination of big data analytics, distributed network probes, software, servers and physical networks to make sure that game and esports data get from players’ machines to the game servers (and back) reliably and quickly.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.