Effective Date: June 28, 2017
1. Information We Collect.
a. Information You Give Us. When you access the Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies (or could be used to personally identify) you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, without limitation, some of the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as your email address and phone number); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your zip code, and age); (3) your billing information; (4) information about your game play (including, without limitation, your location, network performance, game statistics, network statistics, network path, hardware configuration, network traffic, record of performance, and connectivity to the rest of the Internet); (5) questions, comments, and other information you provide on our private or public internet-based community sites and user forums, and (6) other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation, unique identifiers such as passwords, and personal information that you send to us. You may still access and use some of the Services if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Information, but the features of the Services that require your Personal Information will not be accessible to you. We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent and share this information with our business partners in order to provide the Services to you and as otherwise set forth herein.
b. Information Gathered from Your Use of the Services. We automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; (7) beta use information, (8) information about your game play (including, without limitation, your location, network performance, game statistics, network statistics, network path, hardware configuration, network traffic, record of performance, and connectivity to the rest of the Internet); and (9) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
2. How We Collect Information. We collect information, including Personal Information and Traffic Data, when you register on the Site, install, use and interact with the Services, fill out a form, use live chat, surf the Site, enter information on our Site, or provide us with feedback on our Services, as well as through Cookies, Web Beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”) as described below. We also may collect information about you from third party sources.3. Tracking Tools.
b. Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information about your use of our Services, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to monitor how many people are using the Services or opening our emails, and for what purpose.
c. Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Services, including, for example, to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type into the Site. These website analytics services generally do not collect Personal Information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Services easier to use and as otherwise set forth herein.
4. Information Provided by or on Behalf of Children. The Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age and children under age 13 are prohibited from using the Services. By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through the Services, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13. If we learn that we have received or inadvertently gathered any information from a child under age 13, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his/her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he/she cannot use the Services and we will subsequently use reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records.
5. Use of Information. We use your information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services to you and to help improve them, including to contact you when necessary or requested and to prevent, detect and investigate security breaches and potentially illegal or prohibited activities. We may use information that is not Personal Information (including Personal Information that has been deidentified and/or aggregated) for marketing, advertising, or any other uses in our sole discretion.
6. Disclosure of Information. We may disclose and/or transfer certain information that we collect from you (which may include Personal Information and/or Traffic Data) as follows: (a) to our business partners who perform core services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage or security) related to our operation of the Services and/or by making certain features available to our users; (b) to our business partners who perform website analytics; (c) to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of us (whether in whole or in part), in which case we will use reasonable efforts to notify you via email and will post a notice on the Site alerting you to the business transition prior to transferring your Personal Information and before your information becomes subject to materially different privacy and security policies and practices; and (d) if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect our rights, property or safety or that of another party; (3) enforce other agreements with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third party rights. We may disclose information that is not Personal Information (including Personal Information that has been deidentified and/or aggregated) to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses in our sole discretion. If you do not want us to disclose such information, you may opt-out by discontinuing your use of the Services and uninstalling the Software. We may also provide your Personal Information (excluding billing information) to our third-party marketing partners (“Direct Marketers”) so that they can directly inform you about products or services which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with such partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Public Information. Any information that you post in chat rooms or message boards on the Site or reveal in a review of the Services to us or on the Site or on any other website is public information and may be shared or used by us for any reason in our sole discretion.
9. Controlling Your Personal Information. If you are a registered user of the Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information you have included in your profile or change your username by logging in and accessing your account. You many suspend your account by selecting the suspend option from our customer portal. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to retain information from suspended accounts, including to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce any agreement between you and us, and take other actions permitted by law. You must promptly notify us if you become aware that any of your account data is lost, stolen or used without permission.
13. California Residents. Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we may have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as provided in below (see Contact Us).
* * *
Version 1.1, June 1, 2017